Friday, September 09, 2005

Bible Study #14 - What and where is heaven?

I've been so lazy lately, life has gotten ahead of me, sorry I haven't updated for awhile!

Heaven...

It's a word that is bandied about a bit nowadays, don't cha think? But what is heaven really going to be like? There is so much in the bible to indicate it! How could we miss it?!

Heaven is the place where the good people go? Isn't that the common story that parents tell children.. but what is it really?

I see heaven as a place where I can spend eternity, an eternity without suffering, grief or loss. Sounds pretty good? Heaven will be on earth, Jesus made that abumdantly clear. After the 1000 year, after the cleaning fires have done there work, this earth will become God's Tabernacle and the eternal home of God's People. Evil will never rise again, it will be crushed when Jesus returns.

What won't be in heaven?

  • Evil
  • Crying
  • Mourning
  • Suffering
  • Loss
  • Greed
  • Envy
  • Death

This all sounds pretty good to me. All I had to do to find a passport to this amazing place was accept Jesus.

Are you ready to accept your passport?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home