Friday, August 05, 2005

Picture this...

It's dark, you have a tiny light to show you the way and all around you are people taunting you, calling you names and mocking you, leading you away from your light, eventually these people lead you away, showing you a way to stop their taunting. You go with them, anything to stop the taunting.

You're lead to a place where everything is bright, there is food and drink, gold lines the walls and there are pretty boys (or girls, depending on your sex and preference) everywhere. Everything feels good and everyone wants YOU! and I mean wants you, you feel invincible!

SUDDENLY

Everything goes black, the voices are back, but there is no light... it's nowhere to be seen and you have nowhere to go, everyting feels back, people are scratching at you, hitting you, hurting you. You can't escape the feeling, you wish you could die to stop the pain.

THEN

You see someone they're carrying the light and fighting to get towards you, they show you the light and the word and leads you to a safe place and everything is well again. The voices are still there, taunting, leading you back to the place where they dwell, but the light is strong and bright and surrounds you.

Reality check:

For me, this story has been my life. I was taken away from faith at a young age, too young and it's taken years to get it back. For me, it took only one person to help repair the damage done by many. One person to guide me to the light, when this person appeared in my life it was, literally, a Godsend. They guided me to the light and I reached out and accepted that light into my life. And while peopel still mock me and taunt me and let me down, I have Jesus, I have one person who loves me unconditionally, loves me in a way no human being can, no matter how hard they try.

Thank-you. Thank-you for guiding me to the light.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave Edgren said...

SJ - This is a fantastic parable. It explains so well what you have gone thru and are going thru. I am so glad that you have found your light again! God bless.

6:52 PM  
Blogger Crystal Princess said...

There are lots of things I want to say but I can't actually put them into the actions that were taken by me and by other peopel towards me... it hurts too much

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home