Saturday, July 23, 2005

My first Sabbath School and Sermon

Today was my first Sabbath School and Sermon experience, and it was a great one!Thanks Dave! Feeling more nervous than I've felt in my whole life, I ventured up to the Rosny Adventist church. The Sermon was so full and complete, covering so many points, to check them out Click here!

Sabbath School was very relevant to me, discussing Christian and non-Christian morals, as I'm still having the fun of separating myself from my old morals while building new ones. Talking about the things that people do to gain the material things that non-Christians seem to put so much importance in! The things people do to make themselves look better and the way they manipulate people to get themselves to the top!

Dave's sermon was so inspiring, describing his points in ways everyone could relate to and understand, using metaphors in the best ways, and bringing us back to the simple things and reminding us that the simplest things in a Christians life are the most important! The basic of which, are the ten commandments. Even in my short life as a Christian (the whole 3 months so far!), I've get so wrapped up in the beautiful theology of the bible and all of god's teachings, that I forget the simplest things are the most important! God loves me and God will provide for me.

The most important thing for me today:

You shall know them by their fruits

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home