Friday, July 15, 2005

Bible Study #1 - Jesus, who is this man?

On Tuesday July 12, I met Pastor Dave at the Rosny SDA church, this was a first for me and I was feeling kinda nervous! I met him and all was well, he was a warm, open and honest man, with a kindly face. Someone who was very easy to get to know.

My first bible Study was "Jesus - Who is this man?"

It lead me through the basics of Jesus, what he claimed; All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me... And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age. (Matthew 28:18,20)

Jesus, unlike other religious leaders actually claimed to be God, there were pretty amazing claims, in fact, there has never been anyone else who has made claims such as these and been considered sane by large portion of the world.

It went through the Character of Jesus, things that were said about him by his friends "...a lamb without blemish or defect" (1 Peter 1:19) and also by his enemies I have betrayed innocent blood (Matthew 27:4) (Just for ther ecord, that was said by Judas)

Interesting Facts I learnt:
  1. That Pilate said "I find no basis for a charge against this man"
  2. That 600 million bibles and bible portions are printed each year
  3. The word Gospel means Good news
In my lesson I learnt that Jesus died on the cross for my sins (still feeling pretty guilty about that one) and that his love is the love of the trinity.

I feel that this lesson was one of the most positive steps I have taken in my life in a long time, I feel I am closer to being the person I want to be already.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home